“The only person who can make your entrepreneurial voyage a ride to the stars is not a mentor. It’s a customer. So NEVER stop talking to him.” Vaclav’s biggest learning from the 10 years in marketing is something he applies to the startup industry when he searches for investment opportunities as a CEO of investment fund Air Ventures.
Vaclav is bridging the gap between the worlds of marketing & innovation. In 10 years of his marketing career he has consulted businesses across the globe – tech companies in US, China but also corporate clients in Europe. In 2013 Vaclav has brought Leo Burnett’s Chicago innovational hub Farmhouse to Prague to foster the innovation within ad business. Before that Vaclav co-founded a brand-tech consultancy Kliché Killers in NYC. In 2016 he has finally decided to devote his time completely to bold entrepreneurs, so he co-founded Air Ventures fund with Michal Nydrle, well-known admen in CEE. Vaclav is also a partner and creative head of the biggest startup clash in Europe, Startup World Cup & Summit.
He is a graduate of Tomas Bata University in Zlin, he has studied System Ergonomics and New Media in Portugal and also International Management in Austria. Dog person. Runner. Father. Former DJ.
Vaclav in media:
- Forbes Byznys Podcast: Investor Vaclav Pavlecka (in CZ),
- ekonom: Na Silicon Valley ztrácí Česko třicet let, říká spoluzakladatel fondu investujícího do start-upů (in CZ),
- flowee: Definice ideálního startupisty neexistuje (in CZ),
- peak: I v „našem malém Česku“ lze odstartovat globální byznys (in CZ),
- UP21: What the CEO of an Investment Fund Thinks about the Startup Bubble (in EN),
- DARKBLUE Jet: Hunting Unicorns, the art of starutp investing (in EN),
- TechCrunch: 8 Czech VCs on green shoots, pandemic impacts and 2021 opportunities (in EN).